Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Elmo Day

On Mother's day I tried to get the guys to say Happy Mother's Day, but they didn't totally get it. What they did get was that it was going to be a Happy Elmo Day and they still keep saying this over and over again. Happy. Elmo. Day. I bought the tickets to Sesame Street Live months ago and thought this would be a perfect way to spend my time with the boys on my 2nd official day for moms. It actually was amazing! They sat in awe as the real Elmo and Abby Cadabby crossed the stage. Goober waved until I thought his hand would fall off. They are going to be concert junkies.

Goober and Dad-this is minutes before the spectacle began. Goober isn't sure what to expect. I was a little worried here that this whole idea would be a big FAIL. Seconds later, the lights went off, the music started and my little boy was in Elmoland and didn't want to leave. It was a little cold in the stadium but he didn't want to put his sweatshirt on to cover his Cookie shirt. This is a boy who definitely knows what he wants.

Bean was entranced from the start. When the characters started to prance on stage he decided to give up his own seat to hang out on my lap. But this was pretty much the look for the whole show.

At intermission a bouquet of Elmo balloons like something out of the Times Square Macys' parade was marched out in front of all the kids. We were not one of the suckers who bought the balloons for their screaming toddlers, but we were pretty close. We were saved only by the louder screams of the dozen or so children who had the balloons but lost them within seconds to the ceiling of the stadium. Not cool Sesame.Me somewhat teary eyed with my grown up toddler boys. Yes, I teared a little when I realized that they were loving this moment. They are definitely growing into little guys with likes, dislikes and even LOVES. Man, these guys are turning me into a bigger sap than I ever thought I'd be.

Goober and I on the corner of Everett and 123 Sesame Street.
Here are more pics from my day and from the past couple weeks. I have downloaded a ton more but I really wanted to get my mom's day post up before June. So instead of giving them their own post, here's my bunch of pics:
Mom's day at the zoo-we ran into another set of twins from our twin momma's group. Hope y'all out there had a lovely day too! I know you ladies deserve it:)
Goober and Bean offering me hope that one day they'll come and read the info about the animals at the zoo.
My baby and his model face. What a ham!
Just proof that my hubby and I can clean up nice when we need too. We had an event for BabyDaddy's work. I thought the juxtaposition of our outfits and the rest of our room just proved what posers we really are...
I bought the splat mat and it is saving my floor. For anyone curious-it's by sugar booger.
Bean talking on the phone to Grandma and Grandpa.
Goober on the other line.
We went to the opening of the West Entrance at the zoo. Goober was doing fine with the giant penguin until it started talking. Bean pretending to be a meerkat.
Checking out our fish at the penguin exhibit.
Me trying to attempt the baby on the shoulders position.
Bean tasting the chocolate
and blueberry muffins.

Bean found my hat and modeled it for me.
I can't get enough of watching them play with their little lego and Fisher Price people. It's so precious!

I bought them a kitchen and it came broken so they turned it into a mock outhouse. If you look closely, Bean is sitting on a pot inside what is supposed to be the stove. Hopefully this means potty training may be okay.
They're getting the hang of filling gas.
We had a visit from Uncle Royce and Auntie Jo.

We rode the monorail.

And here is one of our favorite free aquariums. Thank you Petcetera!
And this post was brought to you by the letter U and the number 5.

No comments: